Friday 20 November 2009

Remembrance Day

On Armistice Day this year I stood, as I do every year, at 11 am and I give two minutes of my time to the memories of those who gave their lives in conflict. I happened to be in a branch of Waterstones this year and noticed the sign saying that there would be a two minute silence at the appointed hour.


I had been looking at some tarot books and decks for about ten minutes when I got the most enormous headache, which came on very suddenly. I shook my head slightly, to try and clear it I suppose, and then heard the sound of a massive explosion just as the clock struck 11. I looked up to see others in the shop stood silently, heads bowed in reverence but all I could hear were flack shells exploding, screams, machinegun fire and shouting. I also got flashes of infantrymen running, crouched over trying to move forward. The location was a beach of some sort.

For all the world I was in the middle of a battlefield. I must admit I was on the verge of panic and kept looking round at people to see if any of them had heard what I had. Nothing. Not a soul moved or seemed in the least bit disturbed.

With each stroke of the clock I heard more explosions and was physically shaking by the end of it. The silence was so welcoming and it took me the remainder of the two minutes to regain my composure. Was this my subconscious playing tricks on me? Was it memories of ‘war’ films being replayed in my mind? I don’t think so as it is not the type of film I choose to watch. Also, the sounds and images I saw were bore no relation to any of the very few films I had seen. I find this interesting as at 11 am the guns were supposed to have fallen silent, yet what I heard was far from that.

Was this a memory of a past life? Was it recognition of the fallen? It left me shocked and shaken whatever it was. I am clairvoyant and often get messages from those who have departed this life, but have never had anything as strong or sudden as that before. The sounds and images went as soon as quickly as they came and after a mug of sweet coffee I was fine.

I was advised by a very good friend to blog this, and so here it is, my Remembrance Day experience for 2009.

Lest We Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment